Great day today.
My history lesson was very successful and I got some great feedback from my mentor;
- Subject Knowledge – Good understanding and thinking through of the learning outcomes.
- Preparation – Well thought through variety of resources – story, YouTube clip, timeline. – Consider classroom positions (of students for each segment)
- Interaction – Lots of positive comments. – Ensure teacher control and respect.
- Communication – Appropriate level of questioning and explanations. – Ensure careful, step by step instructions of the activity.
- Presentation – Use of story and pictures to sequence good introduction. – Great transition of muddled pictures and then sequencing together on timeline. – *Timing!?
- Classroom Management – Ensure monitoring of the whole class; tuning in, listening to each other. – Use of questions to ensure all are listening. – Consider position of students for focus; carpet or desks. – Be careful not to talk over students.
Next time – ensure all students are tuning in and listening when you are speaking. Follow through.
Ways to improve – consider positions of students.
Strengths – lesson steps and building of knowledge.
Exciting – variety of resources; story, clip, pictures.
Nice reference to WALT!
Monitoring/feedback of completed work.
So … lots of positives there as well as plenty to work on. I was very pleased about how my ICT inclusions were received and the impact they had on the learning of the children.